Thursday, January 14, 2010

One more time....

I love food.  Like a whole lot.  This can be troublesome, considering I also cannot stand working out.  I don't stop eating, even though I know I should but gosh dang-it food just tastes so good!  So this love affair with food has led to me, sadly, to being 20 pounds heavier than I was on my wedding day.  8 MONTHS AGO!!  When you break it down, that is 2.5 pounds a month.  That, on its own, is not a lot and I could drop it in a week.  But I didn't and now here I am staring down 20 pounds that I really want to get rid of :(

I blame this totally on my husband :)  No it really is my fault for shoving food into my mouth all the time, but when we started living together we both put on a lot of weight.  We just fell into the habit of going out to eat, A LOT.  So a little over 2 years ago, I was sick of it.  I was at my highest weight of 157 pounds, which for my height is 16 pounds overweight.  So I joined Weight Watchers.  I had never been a dieter, but I wanted to lose the weight so bad, so I did it.  I don't know where I found the motivation, but I stuck to it and lost 37 pounds in 7 months.  It felt SO GOOD and I was so truly happy with my body.  I was eating right, exercising -- I just felt healthy.  At that point I couldn't imagine letting myself gain the weight back.  I really and truly only maintained that weight for about 2 months and I slowly starting letting myself indulge a little here and a little there.  I made it to my wedding day, BARELY fitting into my dress -- I mean I could hardly sit down at the reception my dress was so tight! 

Anyhow, here I am 8 months later and 20 pounds heavier (30 heavier than my goal).  I was feeling so down on myself last night that I ALMOST let myself roll over and cry on my husband's shoulder about how unhappy I was with myself, bla bla bla.  But I decided to just suck it up and not wait another day to do something about it!  So this morning I drove my butt to Weight Watchers and faced the music.

Here we go again.......

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment