Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lessons learned.....

Right now I just want to write about something that has been on my mind for the past couple of weeks...

As I look at my life and the people around me, I realize that the people that I most thought would be there are....well, just not.  I look at the friendships that I thought would last forever and maybe I am a little let down because I see that they won't.  But I am also realizing that what matters most is the "here and now" so to speak.  The people I am surrounded by are the ones that are meant to be in my life.

In the past I have taken a lot of pride in the fact that I have been friends with girls since kindergarten (21 years ago!).  While the idea of "old friends" is nice, it just isn't always meant to be, which is why I have found myself moving on in the past few months.  Sometimes you just have to let it go.  Yes, I still look back and smile when I think of some of the crazy things we did and the good times we had, and I am sure I always will.  But people grow apart.....and thats ok.

In short I am just so thankful for my friends in this new chapter of my life, and I hope they know that.  I am looking forward to becoming "old friends" again.

Its going to be a good year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment