Sunday, June 6, 2010

Whats for dinner?

Pot roast!  Yes, I made my very first pot roast today -- I am so proud!  I was so proud of myself that I had to take a picture of my plate!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the recipe I used for the pot roast:

4 pound boneless chuck pot roast
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
pepper
Lawry's seasoning salt

Rub down the roast with the pepper and seasoning salt and place the roast in the slow cooker.  Combine the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix.  Pour over the roast and cook on low for 8 hours.

Really it was the easiest thing I did all weekend (I love my crockpot).  The green beans came from our garden last year.  I used to really hate green beans but I am really starting to love them!  Probably because we have so many of them!  The secret to good green beans in my house is to cook them down until you almost burn them.  I usually add fresh water, a spoonful of butter and a slice of bacon (or sidemeat if I have it), then I walk away from the stove and I usually forget about them!  I always think "crap I forgot about the beans!"  And by that point they are almost burned -- my husband swears that is why they are so good!  He says that is why his mamaw's beans are so good, and apparently I too have now mastered the art of nearly burning food.

As for the biscuits -- nothing but the best for my husband!  Mary B's biscuits in a bag :)  I mean really, why spend all that time rolling out dough when you can just buy frozen biscuits that are delicious!?  OH and the mashed potatoes?  Yeah I spent hours on them -- peeling, slicing, boiling.  Nah just kidding!  Those are Easy Mash instant taters.  But you know what?  I freakin' hate peeling potatoes.  So Easy Mash it is -- but actually they are extremely buttery and delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment