Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yep, it is Thursday again and it has been a whole week since I updated my blog!

Today I am thankful for my town.  I love living in a small town.  I complain about it sometimes because I mean lets face it -- it is hard to keep anything a secret in a small town.  Everybody is always up in everybody else's business!  I am always reminded how much I love it in the middle of the worst situations.  Two years ago today was a TERRIBLE day.  Our town lost a great person, father, husband, son and friend -- State Trooper Shawn Blanton.  I graduated high school with Shawn and he was such a good friend to everyone.  He had an infectious laugh and a smile and eyes that would just light up a room -- it was hard to not like him.  I may have had a gigantic crush on him during senior year!  When he was killed, it was amazing to watch our town come together -- it reminded me just why I love living here. 

I am also thankful for all of our law enforcement officers and the risks they take each day -- yes I know it sounds corny.  But seriously, they go to work every day not knowing if they will ever make it back home.  I can't imagine...  Thank you G540 -- you will never be forgotten.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment