Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Challenge!

My fridge is a disaster -- an absolute mess.  So much so that I was actually forbidden to use the crisper drawer in the fridge.  My husband said "Jessica, you are not using the crisper until we get a new fridge.  Absolutely not."  See, we have an old-school fridge and all the drawers are white.  The problem with this is that I go to the grocery store with good intentions of being healthy and buy tons of fruits and veggies.  I tuck them away in the crisper and promptly forget all about them.  Then the next time I go grocery shopping, I do the same thing.  By the time I get home to put the food away the veggies from the previous shopping trip have all turned to black goo in the crisper -- it is like a science experiment in my fridge!

So I am challenging myself today -- I have to prove to my husband that I CAN be responsible enough to use every drawer in my fridge.  I went grocery shopping today and stocked up -- and yes the drawers are full of delicious fruits and veggies!  My challenge to myself is that I am going to eat every piece of fruit and vegetable that I have in my house right now (that I bought tonight), which would be:

2 grapefruits
3 peaches
1 big ol' bunch of grapes
1 cucumber
1 green pepper
1 head of lettuce
1 bag of pre-made salad

Challenge starts tomorrow morning, 8 AM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment