Friday, June 25, 2010

That Chicken Stuff

So yesterday afternoon at about 4:30 was the frantic "what do you want for supper" call to my husband.  He said "make that chicken stuff".  'That chicken stuff' is actually a Kraft recipe that is so super easy to make  -- and yummy too!  I make it about once every two weeks, most of the time on my husband's request. I love this recipe because it only takes 4 ingredients!

What you need:

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
2 cups  chopped cooked chicken
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb.  (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 
 Make it!
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
PREPARE stuffing as directed on package. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add stuffing; mix lightly.
SPOON into 2-qt. casserole.
BAKE 30 min. or until heated through.

Mixing it all together (before adding the Stove Top)

The finished product!  Yes it looks kind of gross, but I promise it is good!

For sides, I usually fix green beans and crescent rolls.  Yesterday my husband randomly wanted broccoli and carrots and crescent rolls of course.  So of course I had to find a way to take away all nutritional value whatsoever from these veggies.  So we had broccoli smothered in velveeta cheese sauce and sweet glazed carrots.  For the carrots, I just sauteed some baby carrots with butter and brown sugar -- no measuring, I just eyeballed it.

My Plate - trying to stick to proper portion sizes here, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment