Monday, May 10, 2010

Well it has been an emotional evening.  Dave called me at work to let me know that he was going over to the hospital to see his friend Kyle.  Apparently Kyle hit his head (not sure of all those details), went to bed with a headache, and never woke back up.  He was sent to Mission and not given very much hope.  I just read on Facebook that he passed away -- my husband doesn't even know yet.  He just texted me saying that there was no change and that he was on his way home.  He doesn't know, but Facebook knows.  That doesn't seem right to me.

So now I am just waiting on him to get here so I can tell him before he reads it on Facebook.  My heart is broken for Kyle's family -- they are such good people.  And, more selfishly, my heart is broken for my husband.  I can't stand to see him hurting and I can't imagine what it is like to lose a friend.  I have lost plenty of family members, but never a friend.  Somehow I just don't think it is quite the same.

As soon as Dave gets home, I plan on giving him a giant hug and a kiss and telling him how much I love him.  Life happens in a flash and you never know what the next minute holds.  We never know when our time will run out.  I am SO thankful that the Lord has blessed me with another day here with my family and friends.

Rest in Peace, Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment