Sunday, July 11, 2010

What to do, what to do......

Well we may be putting TTC on hold for a little while :(

I am in grad school right now working on my MAT in Special Education.  I have a Bachelor's in Sociology, which if you have one then you know it is a pretty much worthless degree.  Thankfully I have actually been able to find work since I got out of school, so I guess the fact that it is a 4 year degree is worth something at least!  But I am really unhappy at my job -- it is actually what persuaded me to go back to school.  I had a REALLY bad day at work about 2 years ago and I thought to myself "Screw this!  I'm going back to school!"  So I started on my MAT the next month!  Of course I had to keep my job because let's face it -- money doesn't grow on tress.

I have been wanting to get a job with a school system for a while, but since I am not licensed yet options are pretty limited.  Well this past week they listed 4 TA jobs in the EC classroooms in my district!  After a lot of thought and a discussion with my husband I ended up applying for them.  I want to be in a classroom -- I need the experience.  But it will be a HUGE paycut for me -- like half of my salary.  Yikes!  But the upside is, I would have good benefits, which my current job doesn't offer -- like health insurance!  I have health insurance with maternity coverage now -- but I buy it privately and it is bleeding me dry!  Like $417 a month!

So I think we are going to be putting TTC on hold for at least a month until I find out about my job situation.  I just don't feel comfortable continuing without knowing what I will be doing.  I am really sad about this, but I know it is the best decision for us right now.  I will still be daydreaming about my phantom baby though -- that will never change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment