Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ummmm....ok

So I got a new job, which is great!!  It is a county job with awesome benefits and health insurance that actually covers maternity!!  So I will be able to ditch the $417 a month that I spend to buy insurance (with maternity coverage) privately since my current job doesn't offer it.

So here is the tricky part -- telling my boss that I am leaving.  If I leave my job, I will be putting my co-workers in a really bad spot.  My boss is going to be so disappointed in me.  I know when it is all said and done that it is my life and I have to do what is right for me, but that doesn't really make it any easier to do this. 

Vance, our deputy director at the agency where I work, has worked his butt off all summer writing grants to fund my program.  I am scared they will have to send the money back if I leave and all that work he did will be for nothing!  I am really not normal -- I should be excited I got a new (better) job, and I am, but I feel like such a letdown. 

Oh well -- I am thinking I will turn in my notice on Friday afternoon, so that way they will have the weekend to cool off (or plot my murder, whichever).

No comments:

Post a Comment