Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Secret of Life....

Is a good tomato sandwich :)

Our family has done some serious gardening this year and on top of that Dave's patients and co-workers keep sending him home with fresh veggies!  So right now we have an abundance of tomatoes that we are trying to eat through.  In my opinion, there is no meal more refreshing on a hot summer evening (or morning or afternoon) than a good tomato sandwich.  In fact, I think I could eat them for the rest of my life and be totally happy with it!

There are really only 3 ingredients that are absolutely vital here:

1) Cheap white bread (any store brand will do fine, because really its not about the bread)
2) A fresh garden tomato (the juicier the better -- I love it when the bread gets a little soggy)
3) Mayo (It has got to be Duke's, in my opinion -- but Hellman's will do in a pinch)

And there you have it!  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment